Thursday, October 4, 2012

Finally a little girl's party!!!

For as long as I have been alive I have wanted a little girl of my own!  I was so excited when I had a baby girl finally.  9 boys is great, but I NEEDED a GIRL so bad!  The truth is my idea for my daughter's cake came years before I had her.  I wanted to find the perfect party dress and then make a replica as her cake.  I spent over a year searching for the perfect dress!  I love how it turned out:)



The party was of course a princess theme.  I wanted to make her a smash cake that went along with the party theme.  I decided to try and make Cinderella's carriage, using my ball pan.  I was unsure of it, but LOVE how it turned out.  I just found a picture of it off the movie and tried to copy it.  I did end up doing the wheels twice.  In the above pic I had used melted white chocolate and just formed them and set them up.  The didn't look smooth enough and I worried they would melt.  I ended up forming wire into the shape and then covering it with fondant (as seen in lower pictures).  That worked much better:)


I made a ton of princess cupcakes for our guests.


My sweetie loved her cake!


I took the cake to her one year old photo shoot.  I love how they turned out!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! She is adorable and I absolutely LOVE your cakes :)

    ReplyDelete